February 21, 2011

DINO-mite!


This is a card I made as an assignment for Bella Blvd in preparation of Winter CHA.  I used the new Bella stamps by Unity to make the background paper, dinosaur, and "super cool."  This dino (Bella Itty Bitty) makes me really happy, I think because Jacob, my grandson, is soooo into dinosaurs right now.


Here is a little tutorial on the background paper...try it...it's really easy and fun.

I used the Bella Quadrants (yep, loving those Quadrants) paper from the new Family Dynamix collection which gave the background the graph paper-like look.  I am using plain paper for this example.  Using Versamark ink,  I stamped the stars from the Mr. Boy stamp set.  Next, I heat embossed the stars with white embossing powder.





Using the Inksentials Blending Tool and Tim Holtz's Broken China Distress Ink, blend ink onto the background paper.  You want to blend in a circular motion, starting off the paper on your craft mat and working onto the paper.


And, like magic, your stars will appear.  So easy.   If you haven't stopped by the Bella Blog today, go, run, NOW PEEPS...there's more CHA inspiration that will have you running to your crafty spot!


5 comments:

  1. Loved how you did the background paper! You're so talented Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...That is so awesome. Thanks for inspiring me as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool! Great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this content, that is nice one…. I prefer it a lot and Hope other people might enjoy it also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be difficult to get knowledgeable individuals for this issue, however you be understood as you no doubt know what you are writing about! With thanks

    ReplyDelete